Inspire the councils of tomorrow
Up to £50,000 DOE
Apply with covering letter and CV to email@example.com by 26th September.
Local government is undergoing the most radical process of reform in a century. At NLGN, we believe that budget cuts don’t have to mean decline.
Our research is setting out how cities and shires across the country can grasp ambitious new roles in driving economic growth and reshaping local services. The mission is to inspire the councils of tomorrow, and we need your help to do it.
NLGN is the leading think tank for local government. What makes us unique is our network of 30 leading councils and 15 dynamic private sector partners. By drawing on the collective intelligence of our members, we’re able to produce research that is both innovative and practical.
Increasingly we don’t just write about change: we also make it. By using participative methods like simulations, the creation of innovation networks and policy partnerships with individual councils, we are working closely with our sector to develop practical ideas for the future.
This is your chance to drive change at the highest levels of local government. To get the job, you’ll need to combine solid research credentials with a big dose of flair and the personal credibility to impress chief executives from day one.
- Provide intellectual leadership to NLGN’s research and policy output, ensuring that we deliver work which is consistently robust, leading-edge and useful to our members and partners.
- Develop NLGN’s reputation for using innovative methods to catalyse change on the ground.
- Manage and develop a team of researchers to ensure that NLGN delivers its work to time and budget.
- Maintain wide-ranging networks across Whitehall, Westminster and local government to ensure that NLGN is always well-informed.
- Support NLGN’s success as a business by securing project funding and ensuring that members are engaged in our research work.
- Work with the director and head of external affairs to take shared responsibility for the overall success of NLGN.
- Represent NLGN at the highest levels in local and central government, including deputising for the director as appropriate.
- Support NLGN’s media profile by proactively contributing to trade and national media.
photo credit: der bobbel