This event is kindly sponsored by EY
To celebrate International Women’s Day, NLGN will be holding a speed mentoring event for women in local government. This will bring together female chief executives with women at the earlier stages of their career who are on the path to be future leaders.
The session will be run as a series of short, focused conversations in small groups led by a mentor, covering topics such as leadership, progression, networking and effective management. There will be the opportunity to have conversations with several different mentors, and also for further networking.
The event will be held on March 8th from 4pm to 6pm at the Vincent Rooms, Vincent Square, London SW1P 2PD.
Confirmed mentors include:
– Becky Shaw, Chief Executive of East Sussex County Council
– Rachael Shimmin, Chief Executive of Buckinghamshire County Council
– Wendy Thomson, Chief Executive of Norfolk County Council
– Merran McRae, Chief Executive of Wakefield Metropolitan District Council
– Sophie Hosking, Executive Director of South Hams District Council
In 2017, 78% of council employees are women, but only 33% of chief executives are women. We want to help remove the barriers, both real and perceived, that prevent women from reaching the top.
Are you one of local government’s future leaders? Register for your place here.