Nigel was Head of Research from 2007 to 2012.
- The Politics of Traffic: A local route to reduced congestion
- Leading Lights: Recruiting the next generation in local government
- Local Counts: The future of the census
- Forestalling Foreclosure: A new role for local authorities
- People Power: How can we personalise public services?
- Procuring for Place: New reforms to promote local innovation and sustainability
- On the Right Track: New models for integrated transport
- Greater than the Sum of its Parts: Total Place and the future shape of public services
- Going Nuclear? A general power of competence and what it could mean for local communities
- Show Me the Money: Accounting for localism
- Changing Behaviours: Opening a new conversation with the citizen
- Realising Community Wealth: Local Government and the Big Society